Know Your Customer or (KYC), is an important term used by businesses and refers to the process of verification of the identity of users.
Below are a list of all the documents that can be submitted as proof of identity and address:
- Driving Licence.
- Identity Card.
- Residence Permit.
- Utility Bill.
You are required to submit any of these documents as proof of identity. However, we highly recommend using your passport.
Where can I submit my KYC documents?
Please make sure you follow these guidelines while uploading your document:
1. Use government-issued forms of ID. i.e driver’s license, passport or ID card.
2. Take a high resolution, full color picture or scan of the front and back of ID.
3. Front and Back of ID should be uploaded as two documents. One image for front side and second image for back side.
4. Do not use Photoshop or any other image editing software; do not alter the document in any way.
5. Accepted ﬁle types, are: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP or JPEG.
6. When using a mobile device/camera:
- Take the photo from directly above the document while it is on a flat surface.
- Do not use flash.
- Do not obstruct the ID (no ﬁngers covering part of the document).
- Use a background of contrasting color to the document.
- The image should include all 4 corners of the document.
- Passports and IDs should be taken in landscape orientation and selﬁes should be in portrait orientation.
- The image should not be blurry, we need to be able to read the text on each document.
7. When using a scanner, DPI settings should be 200 DPI or higher.
8. The size of the file should be between 400KB and 4MB.
9. The width of the image should be greater than or equal to 450px.
10. The height of the image should be greater than or equal to 600px.